Friday, September 19, 2008

Catching up

With the power outage this week, I have had a lot of catching up to do. One thing being that I didn't even write about the FUN stuff we did last weekend.

On Saturday, we went to Kings Island for P&G Day. P&G buys out the park for the weekend for the employees to go. We bought passes at $20 off for next year, so that is an added bonus! We had a blast and I was the most adventurous as I've been since surgery seven years ago. It is very hard for me to go to an amusement park and not ride the rides. I LOVE roller coasters and fast, spinning things that go up and down, but they are on my "do not do" list. I did, however, ride three adult rides - White Water Canyon, twice, since it was SO hot and I was sweating like mad and I rode the Scrambler, twice. This should probably be on my "not to do" list, but it was fun and CJ was yelling to ride it again before our first time was even over. I couldn't say no. I also rode the log flume. I squeezed in a couple of kiddie rides with CJ. Big E, Sous Chef and I caught up with the neighbor's daughter and her college roommate, which was fun for Big E and Sous Chef. That's who we rode White Water Canyon with and then Big E and Sous Chef rode a few roller coasters with them and also Drop Tower. I would give almost anything to be able to ride this ride. Check out the pictures below. If I can figure out how to download my own video, I will do that, too.


Sous Chef on the left, Abby and Elise.


Drop Tower


This is what a tired mom looks like after having been soaked to the bones twice on a water ride.

The other event I had last weekend was the Race for the Cure. While this event doesn't even compare to the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walks I have participated in in the past, it was fun and meaningful. We had a team walking for a mom in my Mothers & More chapter who recently had a double mastectomy and has undergone chemotherapy. We have another member who is currently facing the same challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment