Friday, August 29, 2008

What a difference a day makes!

If you read my blog yesterday, you read about my cluttered brain, resulting in a pigsty (one word) of a house. Well, after a two hour nap yesterday and going to bed at a decent time and getting a good night's sleep, I am currently taking a break from ... my morning house cleaning to write this blog entry! I have scrubbed the bathroom and kitchen floors. My bathroom no longer smells like a urinal. Yesterday, I referred to it smelling like an outhouse (one word), but while cleaning it today, I decided it smelled more like a urinal. And I have smelled a urinal or two. I have even scrubbed and wiped down the baseboards in the bathroom, kitchen and entryway into the kitchen! It looks great. I am actually on my hands and knees using a scrub brush to get between the grout in the tiles on the floor. I realized how thankful I am that I can do that. Weird, but true. If you know my medical/neurological/surgical history, you may be aware there was a time when I wouldn't have been able to do that without excruciating headaches and likely blackouts. Now I just feel a little light headed when I stand up thanks to rather low blood pressure that I inherited from my dad.

And though I am getting a lot of this cleaning finished, I am acutely aware there is still a lot to do, but I will take it one "burst of energy" at a time. Hell, I have all winter to get my spring cleaning done and then when spring gets here, I'll be all finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment