Saturday, August 16, 2008

THREE TIMES!

That's how many times I had to color my hair last night. This is the first hair coloring fiasco I have had since the early 1990's. I decided to color and highlight my hair yesterday - a first for self highlighting. While I have to say I did a pretty damn good job WITH the highlighting part, the actual color of my hair and the highlights looked TERRIBLE on me. I looked at it and thought "fuck, that looks nothing like the picture." So I held up the picture next to my hair and it looked exactly like the picture, it just looked like shit with my skin and eye coloring. It's now 9:00pm and I run to Walgreen's and went for a color I had used before - a light golden brown. I really did not want to go to my aunt's funeral today looking like a 21st century version of a 1980's Cyndi Lauper. I then color my hair again - a little change, but not much. When I realize it's not changing nearly as close to the color I was trying to get to, I thought maybe it was time to call the Loreal hotline. Unfortunately, they close at 7:00pm EST and it's now past 9:30pm EST. Rinse, blow dry and "fuck, that looks nothing like the picture on the box." And it didn't - it was somewhere in between the first and second box color. Now Walgreen's is closed and I have to go to Kroger. I'm scared to death I will see someone I know. I decide this time to go dark and just cover it all up. And just to be safe, I also buy a temporary color in case the third application doesn't work. I don't think my hair could take a fourth permanent color application. Thank goodness the third application took and I have a nice dark brown hair color, with some gold in it. It's a little darker than I wanted, but it is a much better match with my skin. I expect any day now I will start shedding hunks of hair. I finally went to bed about 12:30am

No comments:

Post a Comment