Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sixth Sense

I am one of those people who has a sixth sense. I know when things are happening or have happened - just ask my best friend. It's not something I can tap into like a crystal ball. I could not be one of those people the police use to catch criminals. It's not like that. It's just I know things at weird times - just ask my best friend. So the last few days I have spent a lot of my time thinking about my aunt, who is dying of lung cancer. I have also been thinking about my mom who is having a hard time watching her oldest sister suffer the way she is. My mom just wants it to be over for her sister and today they are putting my aunt into hospice care. The doctors said she would probably only live another two to three days. In the midst of thinking about all of this, I keep thinking about a friend from Kansas. He was the librarian at Big E's school the first year we lived there. After that first year, though, he moved to Ohio to be with his long time partner. Big E and Rich had a great relationship during the school year. Rich even came to watch Big E and his friends play a football game, thanks to Big E's invitation. Since we have been back, I have talked to Rich via e-mail a couple of times. Anyway, he has entered my thoughts a lot these last few days and I keep thinking "we really need to invite them to dinner". I know Big E would love to see him.

So out of the blue today I get an e-mail from Rich. His partner is ill, in the hospital and just had his own stem cells harvested, which was a success, and they will be reintroduced to his system, hopefully resulting in a full recovery. I wish my sixth sense could tell me what the outcome is going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment