Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cancer

It seems like this disease is everywhere and is currently infiltrating my life. I have past experiences with friends and family members winning or losing their battles with cancer. I prefer the winning, but unfotunately have had to deal a lot with the losing. Today, my aunt died after a short, but intense battle with lung cancer. I have not spent a lot of time with this aunt during my adult life for a variety of reasons. I did just spend an afternoon with her a couple of weeks ago. I have a lot of fond memories of her. I am sad for her children and grandchildren, my mom and her siblings. Out of eight children, my aunt is the first of them to die.

Yesterday, I learned that the partner of a friend is battling the disease. I also learned a dear friend of mine was diagnosed with thyroid cancer earlier in the day. I pray that both of them will have a full recovery.

I don't like dealing with the losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment