Monday, May 12, 2008

A good day

Mother's Day was a good day. I slept in until 8:30am. Sad, I know, when 8:30 is considered sleeping in! We went to lunch with my parents and my brother and his family and then we came home and I totally vegged out all day. I layed in bed watching TV and I took a two hour nap. When I finally emerged from the bedroom around 4:30 or 5:00, I spent the remainder of the day reading and watching TV in the family room. I also received some nice gifts - stargazer lillies (one of my favorites!), a homemade trivet with CJ's handprint, a Mother's Day book made by Sous Chef, a handmade card and video game that all of the kids chipped in to buy. It was Carnival Games for the Wii, picked out by Big E who remembered hearing me say "that looks like a fun game" when we were looking at Wii games one other time.

TV viewing yesterday left a lot to be desired, though. You would have thought the stations would have been airing "mommy" movies or at least a variety of chick flicks, but no. Two movies we ran across were "Saving Private Ryan" which is every mom's worst nightmare and not a movie I ever want to see again and "Cast Away". I asked Motorcycle Guy to change the channel, making the comment that they could have least put on "Forrest Gump" which is a nice "mom" movie. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: "Can you change the channel?"
Motorcycle Guy: "You don't like 'Cast Away'?"
Me: "It's so boring."
Motorcycle Guy: "Why is it boring?"
Me: "I don't like watching a movie where no one speaks for hours. I know it got a lot of good reviews, but if I just wanted to hear the sound of the ocean with no words or actions, I would turn off the TV and play a massage therapy disc."
Motorcycle Guy: "I think this is a great movie."
Me: "That's because you don't like to talk."
Motorcycle Guy: (laughing) "That's not TOTALLY true."

He changed the channel and we ended up watching "Drive-Ins, Diners and Dives" on the Food Network. Ahhh, that was much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment