Thursday, April 24, 2008

I would have guess 1990 ... or after

Last night I was playing at the park with CJ while Sous Chef had baseball practice. CJ made friends with a little boy and they played the entire time together. While I was pushing CJ on the swing, the little boy's parents came over to push their son. I ended up talking with them for a while and found out the husband graduated from a HS in a different suburb of the same city I grew up in. So we chatted about that and he mentioned he graduated in 1988. I told him I graduated in 1986. He looked shocked for a moment and then said, "I would have never guessed you are older than me. I would guessed you graduated in 1990 .... or probably even after that. I certainly thought you were younger than me." Hhhhmmm...is it good to be flattered that you look like a THIRTY SIX YEAR OLD instead of the forty year old that you are?

Our high school students arrive this evening for the student council conference. Big E is super excited to have some older boys in the house and is already planning Wii competitions with them. I have tried to explain they really aren't here for hours at a time and they may just want to rest when they are here. I think all he hears is "I am SURE they will want to play hours on the Wii and then run outside with you to play baseball and disc golf!"

No comments:

Post a Comment