Thursday, March 13, 2008

Today I am sad ...

I have girl friends who go away together three times a year to a lakehouse in Missouri, AKA The Ladies' Lounge. I made the inaugural trip in 2004 and have been on every getaway since. For the first time, I will not be going. When we moved from KC to Ohio, I decided then I would go on the November and June trips, but not the March trip, so I didn't even consider going this time. Then Motorcycle Guy calls from work about two weeks ago and says, "I see the weekend of March 14 is the Ladies Lounge. I haven't heard you talk about it, aren't you planning to go?" I was surprised he had it in his calendar, since I don't remember telling him about it. He encouraged me to do what I needed to do to go and that he would worry about the kids, their schedules, working from home, etc. Well, then I thought, "What the heck, I'll go!" I started looking into airfare (too expensive on short notice!), driving (didn't really want to do that alone considering the weather is a little unpredictable this time of year and adds two days of travel) and even inviting a friend who has a sister in KC to share a ride with me. I decided if she was able to go along, I would do it, otherwise I would not. Unfortunately, she could not join me because of her husband's travel schedule for work. Bummer! I decided not to go and was relieved to not have the self-inflicted pressure of making it happen. Now, the day is here for them to leave on the trip. Though I don't regret my decision, I do wish I was going with them! I will miss it so much. I have truly had some of the best times of my life hanging out with these women - not just at The Ladies Lounge, but whenever we are together, and I miss them.

So for now, I will look forward to the June trip, which really is the most fun! I will go for a week, we'll be at the lake for five days or so, rent a boat and in general, just raise hell in a little Missouri town that never knows what hit them when the 15 of us arrive! And thanks to my neighbor friend introducing me to a new drink, I will have an endless flow of Pink Panties.

No comments:

Post a Comment