Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm a slacker at heart!

It's true. If I can find a reason to stay in my pj's all day, I will do it! I try to have at least one day a week where I go NOWHERE. Unfortunately, I don't always succeed with that goal, but I do try to arrange my schedule to make it happen as often as possible. I do shower, but beyond that, I will put my pj's back on and hang around the house. I may or may not do some "chores" like laundry, making the bed, cooking dinner, etc. But just the sheer pleasure of not having to go anywhere or be on a schedule is pure delight for me. Where am I going with this? I have had a week of slacking. I have worked two evenings and one of those evenings I had to take Sous Chef to the doctor just before going to work, but at least I got to stay in my pj's until I had to get dressed late in the day. Other than that, we've been holed up in the house, lounging, napping, reading, playing games, taking temperatures and medications. Sous Chef was diagnosed with strep throat on Sunday and then, when he was not getting any better and still running a rather high fever on Wednesday, I took him back to the doctor and he was diagnosed at that time with a sinus infection in addition to the strep. He has been home from school all week. We did take CJ to school on Tuesday, but on Thursday, I totally forgot until it was too late, so he skipped. Sous Chef and CJ both missed swimming lessons, which is kind of a bummer. Sous Chef was still pretty sick on Tuesday and I didn't want to take him out and I didn't want anyone else to catch anything from him. Sous Chef and CJ have pretty much been dressed in t-shirts and underwear all week, although they did both get dressed so CJ could go to school on Tuesday.

Sous Chef is doing better today and I expect he will be back to school on Monday. Then CJ and I will be back on our schedule, too. It may take a few days to get in the swing of it, but then we head into spring break at the end of the week, so I will be right back to slacking! LIFE IS GOOD (minus the illness part)!

No comments:

Post a Comment