Saturday, March 8, 2008

Blizzard?

I don't think we have officially reached blizzard status. Though the visibility, or lack of, requirement has been met, I believe, we have not had continuous winds of 35 MPH, which is the other factor along with the snow, obviously. When it's all done, we will have around 11-15 inches. It has been snowing since yesterday morning, with a few breaks here and there. It is beautiful.


Big E and CJ went out in it today while Motorcycle Guy shoveled the driveway. Of course, the driveway is covered again, but it will be less to shovel the next time, I guess. The snow is deep enough in most places that CJ could hardly get around. He stood in the garage for some time and then came back in. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "the snow keeps getting in my eyes and making me cold." So I sent him back out and told him to walk backwards into the wind. That seemed to work because he stayed outside for quite a while. He was waist deep at times due to the drifting and often struggled to move forward. Suffice it to say, after I was done bundling him up to go outside, he looked like a navy blue Michelin man. Unfortunately, Motorcycle Guy did not get any pictures of the kids in the snow. I guess I will have to send them back out tomorrow for some photo opportunities. Sous Chef, like me, just likes watching from the inside of the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment