Saturday, February 23, 2008

A little ice with your snow?

After some more snow and about 1/4" of ice on top of it, school was canceled for Friday. Of course, all of this hit during rush hour, which is the way it has been with each of our snows this winter. The others have hit morning rush hour, this one hit evening rush hour. We got the call Thursday evening about 9:00pm that school was canceled for Friday because the snow and oncoming ice had no intention of letting up. It iced into Friday afternoon. Needless to say, my kids were thrilled and so was I. Motorcycle Guy also took a "snow day" and worked from home in between playing the Wii, cooking breakfast, playing pool, etc.




Sous Chef started his classes today with a program for gifted education. He seemed to really enjoy it, I learned some things about gifted education programs and the requirements that are changing in Ohio education and Sous Chef made butter. While cooking and creating recipes, they are also learning the science of food (how yeast rises, how to make butter, freezing/temperatures for ice cream, and more) in addition to math - fractions, measurements, converting measurements, and writing. I think he will enjoy this and next session we will try something new, like electrical currents, inventions or something like that. I promised him today if one of the Saturdays is warm before the session ends, I will take him around UC's main campus, show him my dorm, where my classes were and also the two houses I lived in during my college years. I think I am more excited about that than he is!

We let him choose who would take him today and he chose me. On the way there, our conversation went like this:

Me: "So why did you choose me to take you today?"

Sous Chef: "Because I am going to take turns with you and dad. And as they say, 'Ladies first.' "

He's so polite!

No comments:

Post a Comment