Sunday, January 13, 2008

Why?

Our city is all over the news. Certainly locally, and even nationally. Today I received an e-mail from a friend in OP with a link from MSNBC talking about the father here who murdered his wife and children via stabbing his wife and setting the house on fire, resulting in the death of his four children. This story was breaking on the news when I arrived home Friday evening after a dinner out with some neighbor women. They were indicating at that time, only an hour after the fire started, that this was not an accident. The schools announced today they will have grief counselors available. The 8 yr. old girl is a third grader at one of the two elementary schools. We looked at houses in this same subdivsion and even had an offer ready for one there when we found out it had sold that day. It's scary to think you could be that close to someone so messed up. I can only assume this man was not in his right mind when he did this. That does not excuse his awful and devastating actions, but provides me with some comfort. I firmly believe that NO ONE who is thinking clearly would do something so awful to others, NO ONE is this evil and I do believe that people are inherently good. I know many would tell me I am naive or have a false sense of security by believing this, but it gets me through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment