Sunday, January 6, 2008

Nice try!

Well, the Steelers pulled ahead there towards the end of the game, but just couldn't hold on to the win. While I am not too emotionally invested in football, it would have been nice to have an excuse to have another get together! We'll have to see what happens for a Superbowl Party. We had a good turnout and the hot Italian sausages were delicious. Thankfully, we have about three left with lots of sauce, so today we will be making spaghetti with hot Italian sausage tomato sauce! YUM!

Big E had two friends stay all night. Jack, our neighbor, was here with his parents and they know we always let the kids stay up late. However, Big E's other friend we do not know as well. Everyone was up until 1:30am and maybe a little later. When I went to bed at 1:30, they were still watching TV in their campout in the basement, so I don't really know what time they went to sleep. Brian's mom called at 10:30 this morning and CJ and I were just getting out of bed and Brian was just surfacing from the basement. Jack and Big E were still asleep. Sous Chef was already awake. I told her we were up late and that he had just woken up. She sounded a little surprised. I wonder if he will be permitted to come stay all night again! We were trying to avoid these leisurely sleeping schedules the last few days since they are back to their regular bed/wake schedule for school tonight and tomorrow. However, it just didn't happen and I am sure at 9:00 tonight, no one will be ready for bed. I am doubly sure that tomorrow at 7:15am NO ONE will be ready to get out of bed. Yuck! I really enjoyed this Christmas break and now I am looking forward to summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment