Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy 2008!

Welcome to 2008! I am looking forward to an exciting year - even though I have no exciting plans. My resolution remains the same as 2007 since I am still working on it. That resolution is to keep more of my unsolicited opinions to myself. I am not 100% successful and don't expect to ever be, but I am better, in general. There are times, though, when I just can't help it, so in those moments, I at least try to buffer what I say while still getting my point across. Sometimes I give up completely and revert back to my previous ways, which may or may not end up with an apology being delivered at a later moment in time.

We spent New Year's Eve with friends and extended friends. It was fun, though it was a little bittersweet as this was an event we would have normally attended at Sara's mom and her mom's husband's house. We stayed all night and the kids had a blast. Motorcycle Guy, Sara, Gerard and I stayed up until about 3:00 or 4:00 to watch the movie Borat, which Sara and Motorcycle Guy had not seen. It was as funny as the first time I saw it. I don't typically find that type of humor funny, but that movie cracks me up. Our kids were also up until about 3:00, minus Lucy, who fell asleep on the couch earlier in the night/morning. Sara and Gerard have three children about the same ages as ours and there were three other boys their ages also at the party.

I officially start my new job this evening. Training today and tomorrow and I start seeing clients on Tuesday. I am excited and a little anxious. I have not had to adhere to a set work schedule for some time now. I like doing my own thing and this schedule is very light, but it is still a small adjustment for me. I have already had to ask for a day off, which is pretty pathetic since I only work one evening a week! I am thankful to have been able to find something that let me determine when I would work. I really think I will like it and I am sure I will enjoy the extra pocket money!

No comments:

Post a Comment