Saturday, December 8, 2007

Let it snow!

I live by the "winter belief" that if it's going to be cold and dreary and if the bushes and trees are going to be without leaves, then let it snow! We got about 2-3 inches on Wednesday and then on Friday about another inch with some ice first. Friday's little outburst resulted in a two hour school delay. I have decided I really prefer that school start time over having to be up and bustling kids out the door by 7:45AM. CJ and Sous Chef love playing in the snow, especially at the bus stop, while I am nestled warmly in our mini-van. Of course, I warm it up for 5-10 minutes before making that long drive to the bus stop. I am sure the neighbors think I am a total nut driving to the bus stop considering our house is across the street from it. I don't like being cold plus I don't feel like getting all bundled up over my pajamas, which my neighbors get to see on a daily basis during the warmer mornings when I do stand outside with Sous Chef. It's supposed to warm up and rain all weekend and be in the 50's early next week, so the snow will probably be gone today.

This morning we are going to have breakfast with Santa and Big E starts basketball practice. Other than that, a lazy weekend getting the rest of my Christmas decorations out and hopefully buying a Christmas tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment