Thursday, December 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to Sous Chef!

Dec. 19, 1999, I entered the hospital the night before a scheduled induction. I ate a huge, late dinner from Wendy's. I didn't know when I would get to eat next being that my induction was scheduled for early morning and I knew they wouldn't feed me first. Motorcycle Guy hung around for a while and they hooked me up on the monitor, which was standard procedure. They told me I was having contractions, which I couldn't feel. (Believe me when I say that changes rather unexpectedly!) Motorcycle Guy hung out for a while then went home and sent home our babysitter, my best friend, Lora. Later into the night, I started feeling like things weren't going to go "as planned". I called Motorcycle Guy to come back. He called Lora to come back to babysit Big E. He got to the hospital and I was happy and chatty, but could definitely tell things were different. We both layed down to go to sleep. He was totally asleep when I sat up and could not catch my breath. I buzzed the nurse who started giving me options, but I couldn't even talk or think. She suggested an epidural so I could get some rest "before the induction in the morning." Sounded good to me. She started the IV's, alerted the anesthesiologist and called my doctor, who thankfully only lived a couple of blocks away, to let her know what was going on. About 30 minutes later, Sous Chef was born. The epidural was just going in when I said I was going to be pushing out a baby, not quite in those words. My doctor rushed in in time to be there for the last few minutes and our videographers, Oz and Mo, did the Hertz/OJ Simpson run through the hospital and got there in time to see me hold Sous Chef for the first time. Motorcycle Man did the video. Sous Chef was born at 2:44AM on Monday, December 20. He weighed 9 lbs. 9 oz. and was my "medium" size birth weight baby.


1 comment:

  1. hey your blog design is very nice, clean and fresh and with updated content, make people feel peace and I always enjoy browsing your site.
    wholesale wigs
    human hair wigs wholesale

    ReplyDelete