Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Ladies' Lounge Fall Trip

As expected, this trip was a blast. My flight to KC on Thursday was smooth and I spent the evening with Brandi and her husband. Friday morning we all met up for lunch and then set out on the 2.5 hour drive into Missouri to the lake. For the first time, we hung out on Friday eating dinner at the house. We typically dine out for dinners, but thought we would give this a try. It really was great. Brandi made the soups the night before and brought them with us. We had salad and other yummy treats and it made for a more relaxing evening. I think I had my PJ's on by about 5:00 and a drink in my hand. I laughed more on Friday night and Saturday night than I have in a long time. A couple of times I actually got a cramp from laughing so hard in addition to not being able to catch my breath. The best conversation was during the Brandi and Jo Hour which went something like this:

Shannon: "...you know, those older people who got married in the '90's..." (yes, she was dead serious!)
Me (along with a few others): "SHANNON!"
Someone else: "Shannon, you better watch it. You are going to find yourself in a ditch!"
Brandi: "I can see the local headlines, 'The coroner, who was also married in the 90's, determined there was no need for further investigation.' "

I can't even type this without laughing out loud! The weekend was filled with tears and laughter; most of the time the tears were from the laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment