Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Spiderly & more

It's not enough that I have killed so many spiders in my house that I am keeping count (I am up to 14, which I killed in the shower), now we have a "pet" spider named Spiderly. It built a web oustide between a tree and a shepherd's hook with a plant hanging on it. It is quite a large web and a large, colorful spider. It wasn't enough to just watch and observe the spider, CJ wanted to name it. I told him to pick a name, so Spiderly it is. The spider has made his way to some seclusion, however, as yesterday, unbeknownst to me, they were throwing leaves in it's web and it retreated into the tree. I don't like this for a couple of reasons. First, I don't want them messing with the spider, he worked hard to build that web! Second, now I can't keep my eye on the spider. I don't mind them being outside and I actually enjoy watching what they do, but now I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT IS EXACTLY and that gives me the heebie-jeebies. Hopefully, it will stay outside, because it's fate if it comes in is in my hands, and that means the end of Spiderly.

My cooking continues. I have made black and white bean chili, lasagna, broccoli salad and a vodka tomato cream sauce to be served over pasta. Today I will be finishing up with chicken pot pie, chicken burritos and chicken stuffed with pesto butter. I hope this helps. I feel rather helpless at this time.

Big E made the cut to continue trying out for basketball to be on the 5th grade competitve traveling team. Basically "traveling" means playing other school districts in the area instead of playing on the intramural team, which are teams made up of only kids from our city and played in our own schools. Thirty kids were cut last night and will go the intramural league if they choose.

Sous Chef started speech therapy yesterday and is such a hoot to watch. I sit in an observation room at a TV monitor with headphones to watch what is taking place. He is so full of funny and intelligent comments that sometimes the therapist doesn't even know how to respond. He keeps her highly entertained. Boy, is he a fidgeter, though. I wonder if he wiggles around like that in school? He is playing dodgeball on Wednesdays after school, maybe that will get the wiggles out for at least the next day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment