Thursday, September 20, 2007

Volunteering

Today I went to Sous Chef's school to have lunch with him and to help his teacher. His school has two cafeteria's so it's fairly quiet since they are split up between 2nd graders and 3rd graders. It went very smoothly and one little girl told me all about how Jersey Mike's, which is what I brought for my lunch, was her favorite place and what her favorite sandwich and toppings are. Sous Chef told me he broke up with all three girlfriends today, for no apparent reason. He then informed me "we are still regular friends, though." After lunch, I did some cut outs for Miss Davis and then practiced sight words with five or six kids. I was also contacted today to be an Area Manager for the national mothers organization I belong to - Mothers & More. I am currently a Regional Manager and work with four chapters and am about to take over a co-leader position in my chapter. If I take the AM position, I would work directly with 4-6 Regional Managers and indirectly with co-leaders from approximately 25 chapters. I am not sure I am going to do the AM position. I have asked a lot of questions and for more information. The answers will help me to decide.

I played Bunko on Tuesday with my old neighborhood friends and tomorrow night I am going to M&M game night. Motorcycle Guy is in Canada, so I am trying out a new babysitter. Our neighbor sitter, who my kids adore, left for college last weekend, so we had to find someone new. Hopefully this girl will be a keeper! We also have some boy babysitters to test, but they were not available for tomorrow.

That's all I have for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment