Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm so excited!

In 2006, I attended my 20th high school reunion. It was fun, though at the Friday night event, I drank WAY TOO MUCH and don't have a clear recollection of the entire evening. Well, this November, a group of us gals from HS are getting together at my house. We have been waiting for our friend, Lora, who lives in LA, to finalize her flights before we could move forward with the final planning. Well, it's been set for Nov. 10. Right now, it looks like there will be about ten of us, but I still have some more people to contact. LA will be the farthest distance traveled. Others are coming from Detroit, MI; Columbus, OH and some of the more locals are in Dayton and Cincinnati. I am also hoping a good friend can come from Chicago. We will be going out to dinner and then having a slumber party at my house. One friend I have known since kindergarten, or maybe even before - I don't really remember my life not knowing her. Most I have known since sometime during grade school and a few others who may be coming I have known since we started high school together. Two of the friends are twin sisters and I was roommates with them in college. We are going to have a great time. Maybe I can stay sober enough to actually remember the entire evening, though I wouldn't bet on that! Ok, I hope to remember the whole evening, but I doubt I will be 100% sober.

Another fun event I am looking forward to is my trip to the Ladies Lounge the first week in November. The Ladies Lounge is made up of about 12-15 friends from Kansas City. We make a trip three times a year to a friend's lake house in Stockton, MO - the population almost doubles when we arrive! : ) That town is never the same when we leave and we have been known to take small tokens out of yards to take home with us for upcoming parties. I can't wait to see these friends as I haven't seen them since we moved from Kansas. Posted

No comments:

Post a Comment