Tuesday, August 21, 2007

YIKES!

Spider #8 - and this one was ON me! Maybe those of you in Johnson County heard me screaming!!!!

The other YIKES is that I have been letting my eyebrows grow. Go ahead, laugh. They were getting a little over-plucked and I was afraid I would turn into one of those older women that has no eyebrows and has to color them on. So, they have been growing in over the last several weeks, with the exception of the ones that are clearly out of the "natural eyebrow" area. I have found this almost as challenging as growing my hair. Not only that, but there seem to be patches of areas that don't grow any eyebrow hairs. I hope I have not permanently plucked some roots from ever growing again! I'm going to give it another week or two and then have them professionally waxed. I will then be back in the appropriate eyebrow shape and will be able to maintain that myself for several months. Hopefully, I can control myself from over-plucking and won't make the same mistake twice, otherwise, I will have to start this process all over again.

We met Sous Chef's teacher last night. She is very sweet and young (Motorcycle Guy is still adjusting to the fact that he is old enough to be her father!) and had a fun scavenger hunt to help them get familiar with the classroom. He is so excited for school to start tomorrow. After the open house he said, "Wow, my teacher IS really nice, just like I heard she was!"

Thanks to friends telling us about it, Motorcycle Guy and I have found another show we seem to like, at least while all of our other favorites are in reruns. It's ICE ROAD WARRIORS on the History Channel. If you haven't seen it, it's a reality show about a group of truck drivers who drive the ice roads in northern Canada to get to the DeBeers diamond mines (did you know they have diamond mines at the "top of the world?") to deliver equipment, fuel and more. They can only do this for two months out of the year when the lakes are frozen over and the semis can drive on the ice roads. They are driving loads as heavy as 100,000 lbs. across these frozen lakes in temperatures as low as -50 degrees. It's as dangerous as it sounds. Personally, I feel more for the people doing the videotaping than the drivers. Neither is a job I would want. The truckers are paid very well and I would assume the camera men/women are, too!

Today a friend I used to work with is coming over with her two kids - a 4th grader and a 2nd grader. They live just a couple of miles away and her kids are in the same schools as my kids. We worked at the same company for several years. I was the HR Manager and she was the Credit Manager. She left shortly after I did to stay home with, at the time, her only child. I got back in touch with her a few weeks ago and ran into her at school last night. It will be good to chat with her for a while.

Tonight is my first night of playing bunko with my pals in my old neighborhood! I am so excited to see everyone! Thursday, I am planning to head out with M&M for MNO - dinner at a restaurant named Honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment