Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Living in the jungle

On top of spiders, today I had a line of ants going in and out my back door. I swear, I feel like I am living in the Amazon between the spiders and the ants! As soon as I saw them, I did what any reasonable person would do - vacuumed them up. Of course, after I did that, I was thinking I may have just given them a great home in my sweeper bag. What a great place for them to build there tunnels and reproduce. Can ants do that in a dust filled sweeper bag or is that only in the dirt and mud? I'll let you know if I find out. I also sprayed some Raid Ant Killer around the door and along the floor. It's "outdoor fresh scent" and it actually smells pretty good!

It's another sweltering day with heat indexes to reach 105-110 degrees! We are staying inside trying not to run our air conditioning constantly. I heard on the news last night that some of the A/C businesses were working 24 hours and their calls were up 40-60% for repairs. In the meantime, I am wrestling with a clothes dryer that stopped working today. It's only three years old and we paid an arm and a leg for it, so it better not cost another limb to repair it. Motorcycle Guy is going to look at it first to see if he can fix it. I need to find the paperwork - I think it is under warranty for five years, but I don't know that for sure. It might just be wishful thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment