Friday, August 31, 2007

Handy Woman

I have been painting some areas around the house. This is not a big deal to most people, but I have never really painted before and the couple of times I have, I had help. Motorcycle Guy is out of town and I am doing some touch up work - we have some areas we were not sure what to do with, so I made a decision and am now doing it. I have actually worked up a sweat. I don't think, however, that it is from over working. I am 99% sure it's from being on the top of a ladder and I have a fear of heights. I realize 8 to 9 feet is not that high, but it is for me. Add to it that some of the work is right at the top of the stairs to the basement and the height doubles. Adding to the fear of height issue is that after two brain surgeries (I feel great!) my balance is not that great and I realize my chances of falling are a little higher than the average person. I hope to finish up today!

Kids sure don't hold back when they have something to say. I really hate my flabby arms. Last night when I was getting the kids ready for bed and helping Sous Chef brush his teeth, he jiggled the back of my arm and laughed, which of course made me laugh. He then said, "maybe you can turn that into muscle!" Thankfully, while I hate my flabby arms, I am not overly sensitive and we had a good laugh. I did tell him not to say that to other people. CJ on the other hand, seems to love the flabbiness. I think he will have a thing for pudgy girls. Whenever we take our naps, which we do in my bed, he has to be touching my arm. He seems to prefer to hold on to the fleshiest part! Again, I chuckle. My dad gave me his weight machine, maybe I should do more than "consider" using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment